Saturday, April 27, 2013

Over The Hill Birthday Kit - PI-I April Challenge

April's PhotoImpact International Forums scrapbook challenge was to create an Over The Hill birthday themed scrapbook kit. Cindy, the moderator, chose a color scheme with blue, purple, orange, red, yellow, white and black. I added a medium grey so I could add some metallic elements to the kit.

My challenge was to create my kit without showing off my smart aleck side. I can think of a bazillion sarcastic sayings about being over the hill, but I don't want to offend people. Hey, I actually want you to use the kit and enjoy it.

So, I tried to keep my kit on the straight and narrow, safe for all ages and not add the snarky elements, papers and sayings that were swirling around in my mind. I hope someone "gets" my recycling elements. My dad had a t-shirt that he loved to wear that said "Recycled Teenager."

Let me know if you would be interested in a set of adult sippy cup elements. I added one in this kit, along with one black wine glass covered with multicolored stars. I'm also thinking about an add-on set of buttons with more sayings, still keeping them family rated. Interested?




Download 
Papers from   4shared   dropbox  
Elements from  4shared  dropbox
Tiles/Patterns from  4shared  dropbox

Please leave a comment for me if you download the kit. Let me know what you think of the kit. Definitely say something if you have problems with any of the files, papers, tiles or elements. I'm still learning to QC and I'm only human. I'm on the look out for some creative team members to help me QC and make some tags or layouts with my kits. Interested?

Some people have asked me what the tiles are used for. The PhotoImpact International world calls them tiles or fills, and uses them to add patterns or textures to shapes, or to make papers. You can use them as patterns or textures in PaintShop Pro.

You can find the PhotoImpact International site here. It's free to join the forums. It's not just for PhotoImpact either. There is a forum section devoted to PhotoShop and PhotoShop Elements. Many of the participants also use PaintShop Pro to create their designs. Try them out! And if you do join, stop by the scrapbooking forum and say "Hi!." We'd love to see your creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment